One of the phenomena amongst coffee preparations, cold-brew has the highest global growth among coffee users. With just coffee and water, you can prepare a cold brew in just 12 to 18 hours with nearly anything in your kitchen. The drink you brew is cool, refreshing, and caffeinated. If you want a hot cup, steam it in the microwave or serve it over ice. A particularly robust cup of flavor and freshness is iced cold-brew coffee; however, the ice can melt and significantly mellow the coffee’s strength. If you still find it to be too strong, add milk or water to taste. We spoke to our #gloocoffeecommunity of enthusiasts and asked for their favorite cold-brew coffee recipes. Give it a read, we have also included Al Roker’s viral cold brew recipe!
Consider yourself a coffee enthusiast? Do check out our awesome cold brew infused with palm nectar! Give Palmy ra Cold Brew a shot! [maxbutton id=”2″ url=”http://glooclub.in/product/cuppacity-tall/” text=”Check it out” ]
You can read the perfect way of brewing cold-brew concentrate, here.
1. Al Roker’s Famous cold brew coffee recipe by Al Roker
(Img src: Times report)
Actor Henry Winkler is a die-hard fan of the Times reporter Al Roker’s cold brew coffee recipe. The coffee first made news in 2016 and has been in constant talk since. Henry Winkler says he just can’t get enough of the drink. Thus, there is no omitting Al Roker’s viral cold-brew coffee recipe here.
- 1 pound coarsely ground coffee beans
- 4 ounces ground chicory
- 40 ounces of cold water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger
- 1 cup of water
- Creamer of choice
FOR THE COLD BREW COFFEE CONCENTRATE:
- Combine the coarsely ground coffee beans and ground chicory.
- Place in a large bottle or bowl that can accommodate the coffee mix and water.
- Mix and let sit for 12 to 24 hours.
- Strain mix through cheesecloth and or a fine sieve into a container with a stopper or screw-on cap. Refrigerate.
FOR THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Meantime, in a small saucepan over high heat add the sugar, vanilla, cinnamon sticks, ginger, and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, and then reduce to simmer until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into an airtight container with the cinnamon sticks.
INSTRUCTIONS: Afterwards, when both the cold brew concentrate and the syrup is ready, take a tall glass, and add 4 ounces of the cold brew concentrate. To this, add the simple syrup to taste. Follow this by adding ice and your creamer of choice. Stir. Enjoy, he says!
2. Cold Brew and tonic water fiasco
Recommended as a must-try by our #gloocoffeecommunity this drink is smooth and refreshing. You can get your coffee fixed while enjoying a nice cool drink.
- 3 oz. concentrate on cold brew coffee
- 3 ounces tonic water
- Citrus wheel (for garnish)
- Star anise (for garnish)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 water cup
- In a small saucepan over high heat, add sugar and water. Firstly, continue to stir occasionally to ensure that the sugar dissolves.
- Secondly, reduce heat when the mixture starts to boil, then simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- This syrup should last up to a month in the refrigerator if it is properly stored.
- Finally, let the syrup cool completely before transferring it to an airtight container.
In an old-fashioned, highball, or stemless wine glass filled with ice, combine cold brew coffee, tonic water, and simple syrup. Now, add star anise and a lemon wheel as a garnish to it. Finally, give it a quick stir to mix. And you are ready to enjoy it!
3. Cold Brew & Whiskey Cocktail
Yet another recommendation our #gloocoffeecommunity swears upon, this cocktail has the goodness of cold-brew mixed with the kick of whiskey. Best of both worlds, the recipe is easy and filled with caffeine richness.
- 35 ml Whiskey
- 15 ml coffee liqueur
- Cold Brew Coffee
- 5 ml sugar syrup
- Stick of Cinnamon
- For a perfect glass of the cocktail, firstly, fill a shaker with ice.
- Then, pour in your favorite finest, whiskey (you can use coffee liqueur too). Now, to this add some simple syrup to it. Finally, top with liquid gold, aka cold brew coffee
- Shake the concoction well. And, serve it with a stick of cinnamon, for the perfect wake-up call!
4. Cold Brew Pomegranate Mojito
The acidity of lemons and the freshness of mint in this smooth and robust cold brew make it perfect for summer, but it can be enjoyed year-round.
- 1-2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- 10 to 12 leaves of mint
- 4 to 5 slices of lemon
- Ice cubes
- Cold brew coffee concentrate in 100 ml
- Juice a few pomegranate arils, then strain the juice to remove the pulp.
- Add the remaining pomegranate seeds, mint, and lemon slices to a glass and thoroughly stir everything together.
- Now fill the glass with 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice.
- Top off the glass with the cold brew after adding some ice cubes. Enjoy it chilled, and serve it right away!
5. Almond Date Frappuccino, cold brew coffee recipe
This delicious cold-brew Frappuccino recipe satisfies your sweet, milkshake cravings. It’s also perfect for coffee lovers who wish to opt for vegan alternatives.
a) FOR ICE CUBES MADE FROM ALMOND MILK:
- 48 ounces of almond milk
- 100 ml of vanilla syrup
b) THE DATE CARAMEL:
- 15 dates
- 3–6 tbsp. of hot water
c) FOR THE FRAPPUCCINO:
- 16 ice cubes of almond milk
- 2 cups (480 ml) of cold-brewed coffee
- 3-5 tablespoons date caramel
- Almond milk and vanilla syrup should be combined before being frozen into ice cubes. There ought to be roughly 16 ice cubes.
- Dates should be put into a food processor or blender to make the date caramel. Now, pulverize it until the paste forms.
- To prepare the Frappuccino, firstly combine two cups of cold brew coffee with all 16 ice cubes. One tablespoon at a time, add the date caramel mixture to this and blend. Next, taste it and make any necessary flavor adjustments.
- Finally, add whipped cream on top.
#gloocoffeecommunity tip: Mixing cold-brew and coconut water is never a good idea. The entire concoction tastes absurd, each overpowering and clashing with the other.
If you want to try a new twist given to cold-brew, and be assured it would be amazing, do try out Palmy ra caffe. The #gloocommunity backed coffee
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://glooclub.in/coffee” text=”Join coffee community” ]