Summer calls for pool parties and fun outings but the season of fun can be quite taxing on your skin. Confused? Although known for sweat stains and oily, greasy skin summer in reality is extremely harsh for the skin. It destroys the protective barrier around your skin making it easier for dirt, grit, and germs to accumulate. In addition to this, the hot breeze and scorching sun, dry out the moisture and water molecules in the skin. In fact, summer is the major reason for speedy aging along with red flakey, itchy skin. However worry not, beat the heat with these best home remedies for dry skin.
For more exciting conversations on skincare join our Gloo community on telegram! [maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://glooclub.in/skin” text=”Join Gloo Skincare” ]
Homemade Besan Face Wash
- Mix 1 teaspoon of fine powdered Besan/gram flour in 1 teaspoon of rose water and 1 teaspoon of tomato juice. Wash your face with it as you would with any other face wash.
- Salicylic acid in tomatoes would act as a mild exfoliator helping with patchy skin flakes. The moisturizing properties of bean and calming properties of rose water help in nourishing and deep moisturizing without causing any extra dryness of the OTC face washes.
Coconut oil, Milk powder, and Sugar Exfoliator
- Mix 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 tablespoon full of milk powder. Add 1 teaspoon grind coarse sugar to it and mix well.
- Studies have found coconut oil to be an amazing moisturizer it moisturizes the skin from within and acts as help in cell repair. Milk powder adds an additional level of moisture and the lactic acid and sugar exfoliation along with nourishment of glucose makes it the perfect mild exfoliator and moisturizer.For more tips & suggestions, check out our Telegram channel [maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://glooclub.in/skin” text=”Meet our community ” ]
Sunflower Seed Oil
- Take 1 drop of sunflower seed oil and gently pat it across your face. Applying it on a moist face is better to promote deep penetration.
- Studies have shown that the sunflower seed oil prevents water loss and thus improves the hydration of the skin.
Powdered Oatmeal Bath
- Add 3 tablespoons of powdered oatmeal to lukewarm or normal bathwater.
- Bathing with oatmeal rehydrates the body. Oatmeal extracts are known to show antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties Thus it is one of the best moisturizing and skin-replenishing agents.
Honey and Turmeric Daily Face Mask
- Take a teaspoon of honey and mix it with a pinch of turmeric. Apply the paste to the face and neck. Wash after 10 to 15 minutes. For best results, apply throughout the summer.
- Honey is effective for a multitude of skin ailments. It has antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and moisturizing agents. Turmeric is known to have antibacterial and antioxidants. Both of these ingredients replenish the skin and start reversing the sun damage.
Cool Aloevera Gel Sleeping Mask
- Applying fresh Alovera gel before sleeping helps the skin heal and regrow.
- It also prevents scarring and reduces tanning and sunburns.
Egg white and Milk Face Pack
- Take one egg white and add 1 teaspoon of milk powder to it.
- Egg whites are full of protein, and collagen. They help cell regrowth and repair. Collagen improves skin elasticity and prevents aging.
Apart from this, it is imperative to hydrate your skin from both, inside and outside. Drinking plenty of water, applying sunscreen, and covering your face with a scarf or an umbrella will help keep the summer sun damage to a minimum.
Watch out for our blogs if you liked our article on best home remedies for dry skin and if you want to read more!
Do visit our exclusive Gloo Website for many more interesting reads.
Join our invite-only organic skincare Gloo community on telegram for daily polls and healthy skin discussions [maxbutton id=”2″ url=”http://glooclub.in/skin” text=”Join Now” ]