Good skin is a good mood, and a good mood brings out the best in you. Having a good skin care regimen makes you feel empowered and confident. Caring for your skin is the simplest form of self-appreciation. This is where face masks come in. Face masks are the vacations for the skin. And most of the time you don’t even have to step out of your home to make one. The active ingredients found in our kitchen are more than enough to make the best DIY homemade face masks. However, it is important to realize that although these ingredients are natural, they are still active. You have to be careful of your skin type and ailment. Here are the Best DIY-Homemade Face Masks specific for skin ailments namely Acne, Dryness, Dullness, and Sensitivity. You should definitely include the most suitable one of these in your weekly Sunday ritual.
Check out more interesting skincare masks at our community [maxbutton id=”1″ url=”http://glooclub.in/skin” text=”Join Community” ]
Yogurt, Honey, and Cinnamon mask for Acne
- Take 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey
- Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Mix the mixture well
- Apply on the face and neck
- Keep for 15 minutes
Science: Yogurt has lactic acid which is known to be a mild chemical exfoliator. It unclogs pores and sebum. Honey has antibacterial properties and kills the acne vulgaris bacterium that causes acne. Cinnamon is anti-inflammatory and reduces redness and swelling.
Milk and Oats for Dry skin
- Take 2 tablespoons of full milk
- Add 1 tablespoon of oats
- Grind the mixture to a smooth paste
- Add 2 teaspoons of milk powder ( Extra moisturizer)
- Keep for 20 minutes.
Science: Milk has both lactic acid and a high amount of fats. The lactic acid will stimulate the dry flakey skin to fall off. It will also promote the rapid uptake of fats and oils. Oats have high proteins and fats in them. Skin will absorb all the ingredients leaving behind a smooth hydrated texture.
Haldi, Besan, and Milk for Dull Skin
- Take 2 tablespoons of gram flour/ Besan powder
- Add ½ teaspoon of good quality turmeric/ Haldi powder
- Put 2 teaspoons of milk until a smooth paste is achieved.
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice
- Apply the mask to face and neck, let it dry. (Do not scrub the mask vigorously off the face.)
Science: Turmeric is scientifically proven to have both antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also now been proven to reduce hyper-pigmentation. Milk exfoliates the skin thus brightening it by shedding the dead cells. Gram flour reduces tan and unclogs pores. Lemon has vitamin c, the grail to help with tan and dullness.
Chandan and Rosewater for sensitive skin
- Take 1 teaspoon full of Chandan powder
- Add 1 teaspoon of rosewater
- Add ½ spoon of milk powder (only for dry sensitivity)
- Make a thin paste and apply
- Keep for a minimum of 10 minutes
Science: Chandan has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Chandan also absorbs debris and leaves behind a calm skin. Rosewater is hypoallergenic and hydrates the skin, leaving behind calm skin.
That’s all for today folks! Watch out for our blogs if you enjoyed our Best DIY-Homemade Face Masks Acne prone Dry, Dull, and Sensitive skin!
Do visit our exclusive Gloo Website for many more interesting reads. Join our invite-only organic skincare Gloo community on telegram for daily polls and healthy skin discussions.
[maxbutton id=”2″ url=”https://glooclub.com” text=”Join skincare community” ]